Black Knight Greatsword Any%
From SpeedSouls - A Dark Souls Speedrunning Wiki
This is an overview of the current Black Knight Greatsword (BKGS) Dark Souls Any% route. Note, that this does not include any safety strategies for people learning the route.
- 1 Overview
- Start as Hunter with Master Key.
- Unequip the Straight Sword Hilt and drop it as you open the Asylum door.
- Pick up the Shortsword and the Shortbow and the Leather Shield.
- Kill Asylum Demon, fly to Firelink.
- Go through the Undead Burg.
- Buy the Rapier and 2 Firebombs from the Undead Merchant.
- Grab the Gold Pine Resin.
- Use the Gold Pine Resin on the Shortsword and kill the lizard before Taurus Demon boss fight.
- Kill Taurus Demon.
- Run across the Hellkite Drake bridge.
- Shoot the Hellkite Drake with your Shortbow, use the Gold Pine Resin on the Shortsword and cut his tail.
- Run towards the Sunlight Altar bonfire, pull the lever and equip the Drake Sword.
- Go up the tower to the Black Knight, kill him by riposting once and attacking twice afterwards, getting you the BKGSBlack Knight Greatsword. Drop down the tower.
- Run through the Undead Church, send the elevator down to Firelink Shrine (don't go down yourself).
- Kill Gargoyles with moveswapped Drake Sword, ring the bell and dupe the Homeward Bone.
Chaos Witch Quelaag & Centipede Demon & The Bed of Chaos
- Level 22 Strength and 18 Dexterity.
- Kill Lautrec of Carim by kicking him off the cliff, pick up the Ring of Favor and Protection (FAP ring) and take the elevator to New Londo Ruins.
- Equip the FAP ringRing of Favor and Protection and heal once.
- Kill Quelaag with moveswapped BKGSBlack Knight Greatsword.
- Ring the second bell, drop down the hole and go to the Demon Ruins.
- Ceaseless Skip.
- Firesage Skip (with the Leather Shield).
- Kill Centipede Demon with moveswapped BKGSBlack Knight Greatsword.
- Equip Orange Charred Ring and run to The Bed of Chaos.
- Kill The Bed of Chaos with Tokhi Bombs and Homeward Bone back to Undead Parish.
Great Grey Wolf Sif
- Go up the elevator from Firelink Shrine to Undead Parish, dupe Soul of Quelaag 4 times, use it up on the 5th time.
- Rest at Undead Parish bonfire, level 29 Endurance and 27 Strength.
- Upgrade the BKGSBlack Knight Greatsword to +2, buy the Crest of Artorias and the Weapon Smithbox from Andre of Astora.
- Pick up the Stone Armor.
- Moveswap the BKGSBlack Knight Greatsword as Sif's door opens.
- Kill Sif with moveswapped BKGSBlack Knight Greatsword then use the Darksign without waiting.
- Head through Sen's Fortress, don't pick anything up.
- Buy at least 6 Green Blossoms and 1 Firebomb.
- Kill Iron Golem with moveswapped BKGSBlack Knight Greatsword. He will fall off with two running attacks.
Dragon Slayer Ornstein & Executioner Smough
- Rest at the Anor Londo bonfire, put everything into Vitality.
- Run through the rafters and past the Silver Knight archers.
- Jump over the railing of the stairs, Moveswap the BKGSBlack Knight Greatsword and eat a Green Blossom.
- Kill Ornstein, then Super Smough.
- Kill Gwynevere with the bow, dupe a Homeward Bone and warp to Firelink Shrine.
Seath the Scaleless
- Warp to Firelink, head to Firelink Altar, place the Lordvessel and warp to Anor Londo using it. Head to The Duke's Archives.
- Dupe Soul of Sif twice on each elevator.
- Duke Skip.
- Kill two Crystal Lizards.
- Moveswap the BKGSBlack Knight Greatsword and try and avoid having clams in your Seath fight.
- Destroy the Primordial Crystal with a Firebomb and kill Seath moveswapped BKGSBlack Knight Greatsword.
- Pop Soul of Sif and Homeward Bone out.
Pinwheel & Gravelord Nito
- Upgrade the BKGSBlack Knight Greatsword to +4 and warp to Firelink Shrine.
- Head towards the Catacombs, moveswap before Pinwheel.
- Kill Pinwheel with moveswapped BKGSBlack Knight Greatsword.
- Keep moveswap for Nito fight.
- Equip Stone Armor as you go through the Nito foggate.
- Use Green Blossom and Kill Nito, unequip armor, then Homeward Bone back to Firelink Shrine.
- Head out to New Londo Ruins.
- Seal Skip.
- Go towards Four Kings, make sure you have the Covenant of Artorias equipped.
- Moveswap and eat a Green Blossom in The Abyss.
- Kill Four Kings and Darksign back.
Gwyn, Lord of Cinder
- Enter the Kiln of the First Flame.
- Moveswap BKGSBlack Knight Greatsword
- Kill Gwyn with moveswapped BKGSBlack Knight Greatsword. Watch this video to see how.